As in a tasty mix of talk

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Just Flowing

Star falling
into the dark edge
of the mountain,
so beautiful we
wonder if your
fountain of light
was real
or only imagined.

All moments
of beauty streak
between seeing
and remembering, and
never happen at all
unless we are
not the same, once
we also fall, once we
follow the light
beyond its rim of darkness.

And why should we not
emulate the star's
example, plunging into
the purple, inky deep
of not knowing,
of forgetting to keep
our memories,
instead just flowing?



Happy Thanksgiving!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautious, Fabulous, Delicious...
Yakpate, I'm thankful for you:)

11:00 AM

 
Blogger San Diego Farmgirl said...

We all plunge forward into the purple, like it or not, be it forced or flowing. Thank you for the reminder! MUAH!

5:32 PM

 
Blogger Laurie Allee said...

Can I flow and still keep my memories, too?

I know. I'm greedy.

(Love this, Yak.)

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Yakpate said...

Laurie... I was alone in a Puerto Rican bar getting drunk on Mojitos when I wrote that poem... so the memories I was willing to leave behind were the sad and devouring ones that can debilitate us.

You did, however, pick up on my intoxicated nihilism!

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Laurie Allee said...

Pick up on it? Hell girl, I think I once majored in intoxicated nihilism!

Drunk in bar poems... only yours sound like this one. I guess Plath's drunk poems were great, too. My drunk poems sound like... drunk poems!!!

1:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home